A Bit About Me...

My photo
Carlisle, Cumbria, United Kingdom
LIVE LIFE LOVE MUSIC

Thursday 25 February 2010

Adventurland is not just an amazing film but it has a brilliant soundtrack.



The film is set in the summer of 1987 and obviously the music has to reflect the 80s. The 80s music in the USA was very different to the UK, ours was very techno and full of new romantic bands such as; Spandau Ballet and Duran Duran (this is not a bad thing), where as the american music scene was made up of' 'Arty Punk', such as; Elvis Costello. The Adventureland soundtrack is full of these 'Arty Punk' and 'New Romantic' gems.





My favourite scene is the fireworks scene...




The song used in this scene is ' Don't Dream its Over' by Crowded House, I felt that it was a pleasant suprise when the sing came on. The song really sets the mood of the scene.



If any of you have seen the film yet, let me know what you think about the soundtrack.




Songs to listen to:
Pale Blue Eyes- The Velvet Underground
Don't Dream its Over- Crowded House
Just like Heaven- The Cure

Muze

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I'm from BBC Radio Cumbria. I run a feature on the Ian Timms Show called Little Cumbria...

    Each week I ask three different people to keep a dairy for five consecutive days, to tell the story of their lives.

    Each diary entry needs to be 130 words, which is roughly 45 seconds in length.

    Once the diary is written, we then arrange a time to record it... And then I mix the three different diaries together with a narrator and theme music, and make a mini Cumbrian soap.

    It runs Monday to Friday at 1745, and is now entering it's 35th week.

    It's a bit of fun, and works really well, and for it to last I want to keep bringing new voices to the feature.

    I search local blogs because it is a great place to find people who enjoy being in the spotlight, and have talent for writing.

    Would you willing to have a bash?

    Here are my contact details... I look forward to hearing from you,

    Steven

    Steven Greaves | BBC Radio Cumbria
    Annetwell Street, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3 8BB
    tel: 01228 592444
    e-mail: steven.greaves@bbc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete