A Bit About Me...

My photo
Carlisle, Cumbria, United Kingdom
LIVE LIFE LOVE MUSIC

Wednesday 17 March 2010

A trip down memory lane!

'so often the memory of a particular piece of music is bound up with an event in our lives.’

No matter what peoples views are on music, whether people don't really care about it or whether people live and breathe music, nobody can deny that Prince Charles is wrong in saying this.

Music is my biggest inspiration, it inspires my performance and my creativity. At the moment music is all I think about. I am currently thinking about my next project for university, it has to be a piece of performance which is outside of a normal theatre venue. I am planning on doing piece of performance art about how music affects our memories and as part of my research I have been listening to music that I used to listen to when I was at high school. It is quite emotionally draining because each song has a different memory attached.

I was quite an angry teenager and thinking back to the music that I listened to I am not suprised, all that screaming and swearing would turn any hormonal teenager into the girl from the exorcist.

In my piece I am intending on posting pieces of text about what music has influenced other peoples life so if anybody has a certain event in their life that they would like to get out there and if there is a piece of music that reflects that exact moment in their life I would be glad to hear it.

Thanx for reading

Muze.

No comments:

Post a Comment